|Media||Done by||Frequency||Lead Time||Reach|
|Announcements||John M||Tues, Thurs||9:00pm evening before||staff/students|
|Big Screens||Ashley K||constant||48 hours||staff/students|
|Website: web page||various||constant||24 hours||public|
|Website: slide show||Anton M. or prog. Area designate||constant||24 hours||public|
|Website: calendar||Anton M.||constant||24 hours||public|
|BENN Newsletter||Anton M.||every 2nd Wednesday||End of lunch Wednesday||1100+ subscribers|
|Facebook/Twitter||Anton M.||constant||24 hours||2000+ followers|
|Pixelboard||Renze H.||constant||24 hours||Drive-by|
PLEASE NOTE: These guidelines are for posts by St. Benedict staff and announces which have been vetted through the Board or school administration. If you are an external organization which would like to get an announcement made or event promoted, please send an email directly to the Principal of our school with your request.
- Write up your announcement in final, edited form.
- Limit to 20-30 seconds maximum.
- Email to Benedict News by 9:00pm Monday or Wednesday
- Include in email when to run and frequency if not obvious
- Send email to Benedict News indicating you want the announcement on the big screens
- Announcements should be formatted as a poster – JPEG or PPT
- Send information to Anton or your program area designate (or do it yourself), rather than to Benedict News
- Can contain text, pics, links, etc.
- if pictures are being included, please send them as separate attachments and not embedded in your document
- Please proofread what you are sending
- Test links if post contains them
- Send to Anton or your program area designate, rather than to Benedict News
- Image should be a jpeg or png (should be ~ 750 wide by 320 high, although anything close to that should scale with minor issues)
- slides that are a size that cannot be easily accommodated will not be posted
- Give text to include (optional)
- Include start and end date for when slide is to run
- Slides can be linked to a web page or site, include the URL if necessary
- If this is a slide that is going to be reused in the future (except for date/time change), please create the slide without the date and time info and we will manually add it. In future years it’s a simple modification to the existing slide.
- Send all information to Anton directly, rather than to Benedict News
- For clubs/teams meetings etc., please ensure you have all pertinent information: date, start and end time, location, specific instructions
- Information is automatically populated to announcement section of team’s/club’s page
- Sports regular season play is posted automatically by Anton just before season begins
- Practices do not get posted (other than first/info meeting)
- Sports team playoff information does not automatically appear on the calendar; please forward playoff information as soon as you get it
- If the date and time information is in an announcement it will be added to the calendar
- Calendar is also published in the BENN Newsletter
- See Anton for 14 second crash course (used to take 17 seconds, we’ve managed to shave 3 seconds off) on how to post announcements on website
- Visit the BENN Newsletter page of the school website to find out when the next BENN is going out
- Full sentence and paragraph format, no text formatting. No length restriction.
- Can be sent as a Word attachment, shared Google Doc, or typed directly into body of email
- Keep in mind BENN release date (see website calendar), watch your time references in your article (ie. yesterday, tomorrow, etc.)–the BENN goes out Wednesdays around 2:30; the game 9 days ago will not be “yesterday” or “last night”, it would probably be better stated as “last Monday”, and the game two days ago “this past Monday”
- Send graphics, photos, etc. as separate attachments. Please do not embed pictures into the text document.
- Photos should be accompanied by suggested caption and names of individuals in the photo
- Please proofread prior to submitting.
- JPEG or PNG preferred, up 600 pixel width, PDF begrudgingly accepted
- If poster may be something which–with some minor editing–could be posted on the website slide show then also submit the original file (ie. Publisher or CorelDRAW, or Word or Google document)
- Information is posted on both Twitter and Facebook at the same time
- 280 character max! If need be, will be edited for brevity or broken over several messages
- If you want us to retweet a post you put out, tag the school’s Twitter, @StBenedictCSS
- For clubs/teams meetings etc., please provide all pertinent information: date, time, location, specific instructions
- COMING SOON! Official school Instagram
- Speak to Renze H for more information