Teacher: Mr. A. Milardovic
Unit 1: Introduction
- What is business
- File management
- Exploring the Keyboard
- Security Issues
- Ethical Issues
- Legal Issues
- Desktop Publishing
- Environmental Issues
- Exploring the Desktop
Unit 2: Word Processing
- Labeling the Word screen
- Text formatting features
- Document formatting features
- Graphics and text boxes
- Business correspondence
Unit 3: Spreadsheets
- Introduction to spreadsheets
- Planning a spreadsheet
- Values and labels
- Cell and page formatting
- Charts and graphs
Unit 4: Internet and Powerpoint
- The internet
- evaluating sites
- citing web references
- Website design using Google Sites
- planning out your site
- site design
- More about the World Wide Web
- Powerpoint presentations
- Formatting a presentation
- Animations and transitions
Unit 5: Databases
- Setting up a database
Bonus: Programming (time permitting)
All handouts and resources students need will be posted in our Google Classroom, or on the network drive at school.
This course introduces students to the world of business. Students will develop an understanding of the functions of business, including accounting, marketing, information and communication technology, human resources, and production, and of the importance of ethics and social responsibility.This course builds a foundation for further studies in business and helps students develop the business knowledge and skills they will need in their everyday lives.
Required materials: 3-ring binder, paper, pens, pencils
Suggested materials: highlighter, memory stick
Resource links provide students with additional information to help them with their skill development and to enhance their learning.
- powertyping.com – practice typing on this site
- Can you pick the hardware parts of a desktop computer on this image?
- Can you name the Computer Hardware Components? – not all of the terms will be ones we covered in class, but try it to see how well you know your computer componements.
- Can you name the Computer parts?
- Can you pick the Computer terms that match the definition?
- Can you pick the Computer Component?
Videos on Computer Issue topics
PowerPoint Tutorial for the course is available on the I: drive.
Quizzes just for fun
- Can you name the computer terms by their often used acronyms/abbreviations?
- Can you name the missing words from the things these computer-related acronyms stand for?
- Can you pick the missing words in these computer-related phrases?
- Can you name the missing words from each of these computer-related acronyms and initialisms for each letter of the alphabet?
- Can you pick the letters’ positions on the QWERTY keyboard as indicated, without seeing the letters on the keys?
- Can you find the key that, when pressed along with ”CTRL” on a Windows computer, allows for the given shortcut?
- Can you choose the correct meaning of the common computer acronyms and abbreviations?
- Can you pick the Computer/Internet Terms I
- Can you pick the Computer/Internet Terms II