For students who enjoy the challenges of Mathematics and are potentially seeking post-secondary studies in a math field, we are offering AP Calculus. The following AP pathway is recommended for students intending to pursue AP Calculus.
Grade 9 : MPM1DP (Pre-AP)
Grade 10: MPM2DP (Pre-AP)
Semester 1 – MCR3UP (Pre-AP)
Semester 2 – MHF4UP (Pre-AP)
Semester 1 – MCV4UP (Pre-AP)
Semester 2 – IDC4UP (AP Calculus)
NOTE: Students are still able to join the AP Pathway in other grades, even if they do not select MPM1DP in grade 9.
- Advanced Placement (AP) is an internationally recognized program that allows students to enrich the Ontario Curriculum with the goal of achieving university accreditation while enrolled at Resurrection CSS.
- Pre-AP courses are offered in grades 9 – 12.
- AP courses are offered in grade 12. They are audited by the AP College Board and include writing AP exams in May.
How Do Students Benefit?
- Grouping highly able learners creates an environment where students can challenge each other and thrive.
- Students will gain a wealth of experience and critical thinking skills that will benefit them all of their lives.
- University credits may be awarded to students that perform well on their Grade 12 AP exams.
What Does AP Provide?
- Topics and material studied in greater depth
- Enriched learning opportunities
- Thought-provoking discussion
- Interaction with other motivated learners
The focus is not to create more work, but a different kind of work that challenges a student’s higher order thinking skills.
Who Should Consider AP?
- Highly able learners looking to be challenged
- Students with a passion for learning
- Self-motivated learners with strong communication and analytical skills.
Grades are only one of the many factors that help determine a student’s suitability for AP.