Do you have a specific trade you want to do when you graduate? Then this is the program for you!
- Any student completing Co-op in a trade is an OYAP student
- You begin the theory component in high school while completing your high school diploma
- Placement experience is through the co-op department
- Concentrated OYAP is a two year program (year 3 / 4 or 4 / 5)
- You can receive up to 4 co-op credits!
- Registration of an apprentice is at the discretion of the employer!
- Co-op department cannot guarantee apprenticeships!
- Successfully completed 16 credits at school
- Be enrolled full time at school
- Be 16 years of age
- Agree to follow an education plan specifically designed for the apprenticeship destination and graduation of high school if considering Concentrated OYAP
- Demonstrate competencies in Math, English, Science and Technological Studies
- Work towards maintaining a 70% average in your courses
- Successfully complete the Grade 10 Literacy Test
- Follow general procedures for applying to co-op
- Community Home Building Program
- Automotive Power
Year 3 or 4
Year 4 or 5
|These courses are mandatory:
||These courses are mandatory:
|2 Co-op credits (work placement) tied to manufacturing technology||2 Co-op credits (work placement) tied to manufacturing technology|
|Choose one other course as an elective – Grade 11 Physics is recommended.||The apprenticeship will continue after graduation, subject to employer satisfaction with student performance on the job.|