Read previous issues of The Scholarship Report, a PDF newsletter for which the guidance department has a paid subscription for your use.
This is a password-protected page, please see your Guidance Counsellor to get the password.
Please note due dates and criteria for scholarships in posts below!
The Legacy Scholarship Program
The Legacy Scholarship Program includes several scholarships
Criteria include demonstrating financial need through OSAP; demonstrating an overall 70% average for program required courses; be nominated by their school. In the application, students need to demonstrate extra-curricular involvement, community service and leadership initiatives. See the sample application below and follow the link to the scholarship website. See your guidance counselor if you have questions.
Western National Scholarships
Western National Scholarships
Our National Scholarship Program is designed to recognize exceptional undergraduate students who demonstrate the highest levels of academic and extracurricular achievement. Criteria: 90% overall average on 4U/M level courses, creative innovative thought, high achievement in extracurricular activities;
- Five President’s Entrance Scholarships valued at $65,000 ($20,000 for year one, $15,000 annually for years two to four) and up to 15 at $50,000 ($10,000 annually, plus $10,000 towards first-year residence costs);
- Three International President’s Entrance Scholarships valued at $50,000 ($10,000 annually, plus $10,000 towards first year residence costs). *These scholarships are reserved for international (visa) students (not Canadian citizens or Permanent residents of Canada);
- Up to 15 Faculty Entrance Scholarships valued at $30,000 ($6,000 annually, plus $6,000 towards first-year residence costs);
- Up to 39 National Scholarship Study Abroad Awards redeemable for participation in a Western approved study abroad program. Valued at $2,500 for up to 4 months (one term), $5,000 for over 4 months (more than one term);
- One Beryl Ivey Continuing Entrance Award valued at $64,000 ($16,000 per academic year for a period of four years);
- Up to 50 National Merit Awards valued at $2,000 for one year.
The on-line application for the Western National Scholarship Program and additional information including number of students each school can nominate can be found at http://www.registrar.uwo.ca/student_finances/scholarships_awards/national_scholarship_program.html
Should you have any questions or require further details about the Western National Scholarship Program, please contact Norma Merino at 519-661-2111 extension 85958 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For those seeking 1 of 4 nominations for these scholarships, you must see Mr. Betik in guidance by Friday February 1st 2019. A one(1) page summary demonstrating creative innovative thought, high achievement in extracurricular activities, commitment to school and community service must be submitted by this date.
Scholar Tree Blog
Check out Scholar Tree for a wide variety of information regarding scholarships, bursaries, and general program information. Highlighted now is the Scholar Tree Blog. ScholarTree Blog
“We know that the holiday break is the prime time when students decide which University/College they want to attend next year. That is why recently our blog has featured first-hand accounts from students of how they got accepted into some of the more selective programs. Here are some examples:”
Latest Issue of the Scholarship Report is Available (Oct.-Nov. 2018)
ScholarTree.ca Budget Tool
Check out ScholarTree.ca for various financial opportunities including bursaries an scholarships.
Highlighted today is the budget tool which you can download for free. Go to the bottom of the Educator’s page for the budget tool.