Literacy test prep is well under way! Grade 10 students have completed mini-mock and mock Literacy Tests in semester 1. Feedback will be provided to both students and their parents by the end of semester 1.
Semester 2 roll out of Literacy Test prep will begin on February 6. Stay tuned for more details.
All grade 10 students and previously eligible students have access to a specialized D2L OSSLT page which they can access by logging in to their D2L account.
Please contact Amy Healy for more information.
St. Benedict will be administering the Mock Literacy Test on Tuesday November 14th during period one. Teachers will be sharing an OSSLT Power point to highlight key areas of the test. This power point is also available for students and parents to view on the Literacy Test Prep page of our school website.
The purpose of the Mock Literacy Test is to gain diagnostic data. This data will help us program, support and create intervention strategies for students specific to their areas of weakness. The official OSSLT testing occurs in the new year on April 5th 2018.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact MS. Jennifer Ertel at extension 5231.
Are you in grade 10? If so, you will be interested in our Literacy Test Prep page. There you will find a lot of information and links to resources related to the Literacy Test.
For more information about the Literacy Test, please see Mrs. Ertel in the office across from room 208.
Tuesday, March 31, 2020
- Students who are required to write the test are to be in their designated location at 7:55am
- Gr. 9 and 10 Students not writing the OSSLT are to attend classes in the afternoon only as per the schedule below.
- Gr. 11 and 12 Students not writing the OSSLT will be given in advance assignments by classroom teachers. Study hall spaces at school for periods 3 and 4 will be made available for teacher support or students may choose to complete their assignments at home. Parents are asked to call in to attendance to inform us if their child is excused or working from home that day. Further information will be provided by classroom teachers regarding the study hall/work at home portion of the day prior to March 31st.
- All students are expected to be in full uniform.
WCDSB Yellow School Buses will run at normal morning and after school times.
An additional route is available to pick up students not writing the literacy test approx. 3½ hours later than their morning routes. Buses will arrive at the school in time for Period 3.
- Resources to help prepare for the literacy test can be found on the Literacy Test Preparation page under Student Services on the main menu of the St. Benedict website.
- After-school help sessions run Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday in Rm. 212 from 2:15-3:30.
- Students eligible to write also have access to the OSSLT support page on D2L.