YOUNG WOMEN IN PUBLIC AFFAIRS AWARD.
- Zonta Club of Kitchener-Waterloo awards the winning recipient $1,000.00 CAN.
- The winner’s application is also forwarded to the next level, Zonta District 4, for further consideration to receive a further $1,000.00 US.
- Successful District 4 application is forwarded to Zonta International for a further $4,000.00 US award.
- Our 2017 Award Recipient also won the Oktoberfest Young Adult Award.
ELIGIBLE: Female Students, residents of Waterloo Region, ages 16-19, as of April 1, 2018, are eligible.
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE AWARD:
Zonta International has recognized the need for increased participation of women in public affairs at all levels.
The YWPA Award recognizes women, enrolled in high school, college or university, who are committed to leadership in community organizations, or any level of government.
WHAT IS ZONTA:
- Founded in 1919, Zonta International is a global organization of professionals working together to advance the status of women worldwide through service and advocacy.
- 33,000 women members, in 1,215 Zonta Clubs in 67 countries
- Zonta has NGO (non-governmental organization) status with The United Nations
Applicants must show:
- Active commitment to volunteerism & volunteer leadership achievements
- Advocating in Zonta International’s mission of advancing the status of women worldwide
- MISSION: empowering women worldwide through service and advocacy
- Experience in local or student government
- Knowledge of Zonta International and its programs. For more information, visit zonta.org
HOW TO APPLY:
- Download and Complete official application form. Form attached, or can be downloaded from website: zontakw.org, under YWPA Award
- Official Application must be typed. Additional pages are accepted if clearly identified
- Verification of current enrolment by school official
- 2 confidential recommendations from adults, not related to applicant (example: Teacher, School Official, Work Place Personnel, Community Leaders). Recommendation must be typed, signed and dated, and attached to the official application form.
- Complete Application Package (Official application+ Verification of current enrolment + 2 confidential recommendation letters) MUST BE emailed , as a complete package, to email@example.com
- Application deadline is Wednesday, February 7th, 2018 midnight
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER APPLICATIONS ARE SUBMITTED:
- Only complete application packages received by deadline will be reviewed
- Reviewed by Awards Committee
- All candidates will be contacted no later than Wednesday, February 21st, 2018
- Top 3 candidates will be interviewed in a face-to-face interview with Awards Committee
- Face-to-Face Interview will be held on Wednesday, February 28th, 2018 in Waterloo
- Successful candidate & finalists will receive an invitation to attend Kitchener-Waterloo Zonta meeting on Wednesday, April 11th, @ 6pm – Fed Hall, University of Waterloo