Read previous issues of The Scholarship Report, a PDF newsletter for which the guidance department has a paid subscription for your use.
This is a password-protected page, please see your Guidance Counsellor to get the password.
Please note due dates and criteria for scholarships in posts below!
The Legacy Scholarship Program
The Legacy Scholarship Program includes several scholarships
Criteria include demonstrating financial need through OSAP; demonstrating an overall 70% average for program required courses; be nominated by their school. In the application, students need to demonstrate extra-curricular involvement, community service and leadership initiatives. See the sample application below and follow the link to the scholarship website. See your guidance counselor if you have questions.
Dennis Daub Scholarships – Education Credit Union
Due: May 30, 2019
$500 – x 3
- above 80 % average
- Demonstrated commitment to volunteerism and leadership
Sean Jackson Scholarship – Meridian Credit Union
Due Date: April 30th
- The student must have achieved an academic average of 80 per cent or higher
- The student must have demonstrated an outstanding commitment to their community. This can be achieved through volunteerism that demonstrates leadership and/or initiating innovative community projects.
ScholarTree – 6 most Common Mistakes in Applications
KW Legacy Scholarships
|Legacy Scholarship requirements|
|In order to qualify for a Legacy Scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:|
- Attend a post-secondary institution that is approved by the Ontario Student Assistance Program
- Have a minimum cumulative average of 70% in their top six 12 M/U courses
- Demonstrate financial need
- Scholarships can be viewed here: http://www.kwlegacy.ca/universal-dates.php
|Student wishing to apply for the KW Legacy Scholarship should speak to their Guidance counsellor.|
|Applications should be received in Guidance by February 20th.|