Western National Scholarships
Our National Scholarship Program is designed to recognize exceptional undergraduate students who demonstrate the highest levels of academic and extracurricular achievement. Criteria: 90% overall average on 4U/M level courses, creative innovative thought, high achievement in extracurricular activities;
- Five President’s Entrance Scholarships valued at $65,000 ($20,000 for year one, $15,000 annually for years two to four) and up to 15 at $50,000 ($10,000 annually, plus $10,000 towards first-year residence costs);
- Three International President’s Entrance Scholarships valued at $50,000 ($10,000 annually, plus $10,000 towards first year residence costs). *These scholarships are reserved for international (visa) students (not Canadian citizens or Permanent residents of Canada);
- Up to 15 Faculty Entrance Scholarships valued at $30,000 ($6,000 annually, plus $6,000 towards first-year residence costs);
- Up to 39 National Scholarship Study Abroad Awards redeemable for participation in a Western approved study abroad program. Valued at $2,500 for up to 4 months (one term), $5,000 for over 4 months (more than one term);
- One Beryl Ivey Continuing Entrance Award valued at $64,000 ($16,000 per academic year for a period of four years);
- Up to 50 National Merit Awards valued at $2,000 for one year.
The on-line application for the Western National Scholarship Program and additional information including number of students each school can nominate can be found at http://www.registrar.uwo.ca/student_finances/scholarships_awards/national_scholarship_program.html
Should you have any questions or require further details about the Western National Scholarship Program, please contact Norma Merino at 519-661-2111 extension 85958 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For those seeking 1 of 4 nominations for these scholarships, you must see Mr. Betik in guidance by Friday February 1st 2019. A one(1) page summary demonstrating creative innovative thought, high achievement in extracurricular activities, commitment to school and community service must be submitted by this date.