If I had a million dollars…. how often have you thought about it? Is it possible to ever have a million dollars (other than by winning a lottery or robbing a bank, neither of which we recommend)?
The Finance Club is a chance for students who are interested in the world of investing and financial instruments to get together to share their passions, and look at what it takes to have a seven-digit figure in the bank. We will look at stocks, investing, and run a bit of a contest to see who can build a money making portfolio.
Another important component of the club is financial literacy—knowing what to do with your money, from earning it to spending it, saving, and investing. It’s the important money stuff that most people don’t know where to turn to get.
While we cannot guarantee that you will leave the club at the end of the year with a million dollars in your pocket, we do guarantee that you will have fun talking with other students about your financial passions, share some hints and tips, and gain some insight into the world of investing.
This semester the Finance Club meets in room 216 Mondays at lunch. Students can drop into 216 other days during the lunch period to update their stock portfolios, make trades, and just chat with other club members. If you get on our email list, we will send out an email to inform you of the coming week’s topic of discussion. Bring your lunch and a friend!
Attendance at all meetings is not mandatory, but having fun and learning about your money is!
Last updated October 5, 2018
Did you miss today’s meeting of the Finance Club? No worries! We meet again on Friday.
If you want your stock market game access code, email or see Mr. Milardovic. As well, if there are any financial topics you would like to discuss, send them to Mr. M as well!
Finance Club begins Monday, September 11, in room 216 at lunch time. Be there!
The Stock Market Game
- Virtual-Stock-Exchange – see Mr. Milardovic to get your account!
- When you create your game account, you must include your first or last name in your game name so I can identify who you are. Names must be respectful and appropriate.
- Quick link to our game.
- If you need to create an account, click here to enter the site.
- Toronto Stock Exchange
- New York Stock Exchange
- The NASDAQ
- Google Finance
- Globe Investor
- The Motley Fool – a great site with many articles on publicly traded Canadian businesses, using language that is easy to understand for even the starting investor.
- How much do you know about Credit Cards? – a quiz on the Tangerine Bank website
Financial Tips for Teens
- Money tips for 15-17 year olds infographic
More sites will be added to this list! If you come across any neat websites dealing with finances or stocks, please forward them to Mr. Milardovic.