Western National Scholarships
Western University believes in rewarding students’ pursuit of excellence with one of Canada’s most extensive and attractive scholarship programs. Our National Scholarship Program is designed to recognize exceptional undergraduate students who demonstrate the highest levels of academic and extracurricular achievement. For the 2019/2020 academic year, the Western National Scholarship Program includes the following scholarships:
- Five President’s Entrance Scholarships valued at $65,000 ($20,000 for year one, $15,000 annually for years two to four) and up to 15 at $50,000 ($10,000 annually, plus $10,000 towards first-year residence costs);
- Three International President’s Entrance Scholarships valued at $50,000 ($10,000 annually, plus $10,000 towards first year residence costs). *These scholarships are reserved for international (visa) students (not Canadian citizens or Permanent residents of Canada);
- Up to 15 Faculty Entrance Scholarships valued at $30,000 ($6,000 annually, plus $6,000 towards first-year residence costs);
- Up to 39 National Scholarship Study Abroad Awards redeemable for participation in a Western approved study abroad program. Valued at $2,500 for up to 4 months (one term), $5,000 for over 4 months (more than one term);
- One Beryl Ivey Continuing Entrance Award valued at $64,000 ($16,000 per academic year for a period of four years);
- Up to 50 National Merit Awards valued at $2,000 for one year.
The on-line application for the Western National Scholarship Program and additional information including number of students each school can nominate can be found at http://www.registrar.uwo.ca/student_finances/scholarships_awards/national_scholarship_program.html
Should you have any questions or require further details about the Western National Scholarship Program, please contact Norma Merino at 519-661-2111 extension 85958 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
– 90% overall average on all 4U/M level courses
– creative and innovative thought
-high achievement in extracurricular activities
-commitment to school and community service
For those seeking 1 of 4 nominations for these scholarships, you must see Mr. Betik in guidance by Friday, February 1st..